Wednesday 4 August 2010

Courgette Fritters

Trouble with courgettes is they do too well.  This is the third year I've grown them and probably the last.  I grow three of them in very large pots.  As they aren't the world's most exciting veg him-indoors and me get very fed up of them pretty quickly.  We are all ratatouilled out right now.  I know you can grate and serve them in salads and make chocolate (and other cakes) with them but I never seem to do it.  Frittered is good though.  I have added a very basic starting point recipe (click on Recipes above).  You can add just about anything you like - grated carrot, potato, chilli pepper, feta cheese, any herb you fancy - wherever your imagination takes you.  They make a veggie meal, a posh starter, a light lunch or just a nibble.  Many happy courgettes to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.