Monday 15 October 2012

Tip from GW

I mentioned recently that I can never remember which clematis to hack and when, so I just hack down anything I don't want looking straggly in April when we get back from Naples.

On Gardeners World on Friday someone who was growing hundreds of varieties said all he did was:

If it flowers before June - don't prune

..............and everything else he hacks to the ground (!) on February 14th

No use to me as I won't be here but I thought it might help someone reading this?  As usual I wonder if the the June and February timings are good for us 'up North'?  How late do your Spring Clematis flower?  February seems an odd month to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.