Sunday 20 August 2017

The Front Garden in July

My front garden does have something flowering in it pretty much the whole year but I do love July when the crocosmia Lucifer is doing its thing and the hanging basket is beginning to flesh itself out.

The front garden is north west facing - just about the worst for gardens - and is always pretty much in shade so I like to have all the hot colours on this side of the house.

Apologies for the grass needing cutting - pleading too much rain......


Pelargonium (geranium) making a mess by the front door

Just about getting into its stride

Crocosmia Lucifer - one of my all-time favourites

looks better in real life - mass of clematis

Hemerocallis (day lilies) and small yellow kniphofia (red hot pokers)

Lucifer to the front

this is a work in progress

coming round the corner on one side

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.