Friday 20 July 2012

Apology

My last post began with an apology as must this one.  Unfortunately when I was busy carping about this and that last time I hadn't given any thought to the people who had done all the hard work so that I could have a great day out touring round other folks gardens. Sadly my criticisms were very much taken to heart by one of the organisers and when I reread my piece I should  have worded it very differently.  I did email her to apologise and she was kind enough to accept my apologies but I thought I should at least share that with you.  The following are a couple of snippets from my two emails to her:

I am very sorry that what I said has upset you and that was certainly not my intention.  I reread what I wrote and realised it could have been phrased better.  With your permission I will copy this email to you as a post in my blog as a public apology for being so nit-picky.  I thought the trail was wonderful and I had a lovely day and it is all thanks to people like yourself and others who spend a huge amount of their time organising these things.  Without such folk all this sharing of our gardens would simply not happen and it is such a great thing to do.  I hope you are able to accept my apology and my huge thanks for all your hard work.

As for my not using the contact numbers I suppose I was doing the overly British thing of not liking to bother people.  As I said we found eight gardens out of fourteen in our bumbling fashion.  Please don't let minor carping discourage you from your endeavours.


Please don't get fed up with doing it because there are chumps like me whose mouths run away with their brains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.