Monday 6 July 2015

Buying reduced stock

Over the years I have rescued many a battered plant from supermarkets, garden centres and B & Q - not only are they cheap I actually feel sorry for them - yes I know, potty.  It is generally successful for them and me.

Recently B & Q were selling off long-overdue-for-planting plants in root, corm, tuber and bulb form for a pound a go.  I bought and planted a packet containing two phlox called Classic Cassis another pack contained four oriental lilies - Stargazer and the third pack had 30 peacock orchids (gladioli callianthus).

The lilies and phlox have not appeared yet, but its early days.  Meanwhile look what the peacock orchids have done so far in just a couple of weeks.  Even if the others never arrive just look at what I have for a total of three pounds....


every one a winner

This is what they will do for me soon...






No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.