Thursday 7 May 2015

Last year's herbs

Generally with herbs I like to start fresh each year but looking at these it seems a shame.  They must be in the right place and have come through the winter just fine.



We have plugged in our watering system so really they are leading the life of Riley - sunnyish spot and against a conservatory wall, well drained pots on gravel and soon to be fed.  What's not to like.

I have grown just about every herb under the sun for years.  Last year I decided it really wasn't worth growing things like two kinds of basil and thyme etc etc etc.  On the extremely rare occasion they are needed I don't mind buying them.  The three I do use a lot - mint, flat leaf parsley and chives I am happy to keep outside the back door so they are handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.