Monday 4 May 2015

Maybe found a gardener

With a bit of luck I may have found a gardener.  In the last four years I have tried two.  The first blithely dug up swathes of favourite plants thinking they were weeds so, that relationship didn't last long.  Truly, it was not my fault and I let him have three goes which pretty much decimated the borders.  I established that he could recognise grass, dandelion, creeping buttercup and chickweed and was instructed on all three occasions to only remove those.  They are my most pernicious weeds and I reckoned I could keep the rest down myself.  By the third time he had gone through the beds like a tornado I gave up on him.  Last year I had a lady who seemed to know her plants but she ended up cutting my tiny box hedge with huge electric cutters - so it was pretty chewed up, pruned my roses in August and heartbreakingly pruned a young tree into deformity; all unbidden by me as she was employed to do the weeding - but she "got bored with that".

I have jumped in again with another chap who, so far, shows huge promise and I commend him to you.  Clean and Green 

He is smart enough to say he doesn't know everything and will ask if he is not sure.  Reassuring.  He did a great job clearing out all four beds and the front garden on his own and in under a day.  First time I have seen soil (and the chance to plant something!!!) in four years.








He is now on a promise to come back every two weeks to maintain them.  Due tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.