Saturday 6 July 2013

My garden 2013

My garden is six years old this July.  Happy Birthday to it etc.

Every year in July I take 8 photos - one from each corner and one half way between each corner - roughly eight points of the compass so I can see the results of the 'work' I do.

I thought I might share a couple with you....



This is looking North east and is the corner in 2007 and 2013.  In 2007 we had a small seating area in the corner which we quickly decided was a waste as we never ventured that far! The patio had just been put in and I was never going to have pots all over the place that needed constant watering.  So to 2013... the bench in the corner has moved on to the patio along with the pots (!)  and we now have a very useful summerhouse down there.







This is the opposing corner - looking South West.  In 2007 we had the caravan at the side of the house and a BBQ area.  I think we used the BBQ twice (!) and the caravan has moved on to new owners.  I love looking at the twigs aka box hedge.  I planted this because our garden travels every which way and the patio is nice and level.  I reckoned the box would hide the concrete up-stand and from the patio it would soften the edges.  Come 2013 and indeed it does just that.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.