Monday 1 July 2013

Jobs for July

Reminder (as always) this is no where near a definitive list of garden stuff for July - you can get a zillion of those via Google.  This is a list of what I do in July here 'up North'.


  • Every month during the summer I chuck Phostrogen (7:7:7) at the borders at the beginning of the month and feed hanging baskets every Sunday
  • Feed tomatoes every two weeks until they fruit
  • Spot weed the lawn (did a full weed and feed in June)
  • Feed rhubarb (if it was fully grown and I was using it I would also need to think about stopping picking end of the month)
  • Divide iris
  • Have a think about what other veggies I can still sow
In that vein here's what I think I will be sowing this month with crossed fingers.

  • Carrot - early Nantes
  • Beetroot - Wodan F1 if I can get the seed - have never grown a successful beetroot yet but am hoping the lotty will make the difference.  Mine are not only picked at golf-ball size but have the same density.
  • Considering growing French beans - don't like their squeakiness when you eat them - yes, I know, not a well woman!
  •  Keep succession sowing salad leaves and radishes
  • How about perpetual spinach?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.